Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday, Monday


Dancing with Uncle Matt- Adelynn can now say Matt!

"playing" the drums with daddy


The 4th is over and the tiredness has set in! I was busy running errands all day Thursday so I we could get on the road early Friday morning (early being 11). Adelynn danced and learned how to "play" the drums!

On Saturday we went to the Lake Kiowa parade. Let me tell you there is nothing I love more then a parade! This parade consist of golf carts decorated in red, white, and blue. The people in the parade throw out candy, beaded necklaces and toys. Adelynn learned quickly to run and pick up the candy before the kids next to us did. Then she would find Catherine who was holding the bag. She was doing a great job collecting candy and what nots until, she realized what she was picking up. She looked down, looked at me, looked down, and looked at me like "Hey I know what is this!?!?! Dr. Hamners gives these to me if I'm good." So she got the paper off and started eating it. after that the candy picking up went down hill. She would pick something up and examine it to decide if she wanted someone to open it or if it should go in the bag. We didn't get as much candy as normal.


Addie's friends B & J joined us for 4th of July fun. B & J played with Adelynn's water buckets and she played with their life vest. After an hour in the sun we came inside for lunch and some play time. While Addie was taking her nap B & J the drums and took a boat ride. We all had fun and were sad to see them head home.



Sophie and Adelynn watching the ducks




"driving" the boat







Sunday morning was Doo-Dad's birthday. Doo-Dad thought it would be fun to take Addie out on the seadoos. Doo-Dad took her on a short ride. Adelynn was a good first mate!



I think Adelynn really liked having B & J to play with at the lake house. It was so much fun to have friends and family together. Great weekend and can't wait for our next trip.

No comments: