Friday, July 10, 2009

Smiling Sherlock


Sherlock is our smiling dog. He reminds me of Winn-Dixie! My teacher friends will get that reference :)



Sherlock spends most of his day laying on the couch but he also has other duties at our house.



He guards our backyard from intruders- squirrels, birds and lawn guys! He carefully watches over Adelynn as she plays in the backyard until his ADD sets in and he forgets about Addie and chases a bird or anything that moves (this includes bushes).




Sherlock is also a great help in the kitchen. If I leave anything out he will let me know by making loud sounds as he tries to get whatever it is off the counter. He also helps Adelynn eat. Addie says "one bite for me, one bite for Bailey, one bite for Sherlock" When she is done eating the boys enjoy licking her and her highchair clean.
Sometimes when Sherlock looks at me with his big smile I swear I can hear him saying
"Oh, this is the life!"


2 comments:

hwilson718 said...

Thought you all might find this funny. Sherlock just stole Adelynn's cupcake....then he smiled at me "yummy" is what that smile said. I went to get her another cupcake and by the time I got her in her highchair the 2 cupcake disappeared. I got smarter the 3rd time this time I put the cupcake in her sand bucket. Sherlock only got the pieces Adelynn shared. BUT he is still smiling :)

Anonymous said...

One of our dogs loves the food left behind in Peyton's high chair! Sherlock is cute!!