Friday, October 7, 2011

Pinterest fun- colored ice

Have you discovered pinterest yet? There are so many amazing ideas on this site. We have tried a couple of kids activities in the last couple of weeks. I have found out that Asher is not ready to paint, even with help from mommy ;)

Can you see the brown paint all over his face????

This week Addie and I made colored ice. Very simple and a great teaching activity.

First you fill your ice cube try with water.
Then you put a drop of food color in each section, I took this opportunity to teach Adelynn about mixing colors- red & yellow make orange etc.

Addie mixed the colors and water

Then freeze them! 
We added the ice cubes to Addie and Asher's bath. It turned the water fun colors and they both had a blast trying to catch them and play with them until they melted.

No comments: