Last Sunday our neighborhood woke up with a flood on our street. Some pipe broke and Lacrosse Dr. was turned into Lacrosse "River" The city came out and fixed the broken pipe and to cover it up they just made a mess with concrete. It looked awful!
But on Friday the city came back out to fix our street. Around 7 our dogs started going crazy because of all the trucks and workmen out front. Addie decided to see what all the barking was about- she was excited to see a big bulldozer out front and she wanted to check it out up close.
So the family made a "field trip" out of the city workers.
Addie standing far away so she wouldn't get hit by any flying rocks.
Men hard at work
Asher was really excited about the trucks, he talked about it ALL DAY!
j/k
We sat on our neighbors lawn watching the excitement from a safe distant. Addie really enjoyed watching the men work. We sat here for about 10 minutes...Craig got bored he went inside with Asher....I sat with Addie explaining as much as I could about the workers were up to.
I finally convinced Adelynn it was time to go in and then she spotted a worm, which meant another 5 minutes watching a worm cross from the grass to the street.
Oh what an exciting life I live!
The city workers took a brake for lunch and the bulldozer went bye-bye and then the cement truck came. Craig took Addie out to watch that excitement. And on the way home from that visit Craig and Addie found a rolly-polly that Addie got to hold :)
1 comment:
Grandma likes watching men work too, Addie. I can see you will be an administrator like your grandma.
Post a Comment