Saturday, January 9, 2010

A decade in review

I know that it has been 2010 for over a week, so this is late, however this past week I've thought about all the amazing things that I've seen or done in the past 10 years. So here is 10 years of Heather.

2000
I graduated from college thats about all I really remember :(

2001-2002
The only pictures I have from these years are from my mission trip.
I travel with Book of Hope to Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Germany, Spain, Portugal, India, and Bahamas. I got to tell students about Jesus and how he is my best friend and Savior. I also met and fell in love with Craig. What a year!Craig and I met in Florida during training....however I don't really remember him. I swear he joined our group while we were in Slovakia.

After traveling I got a job teaching 3rd grade in Port Hueneme and Craig started his junior year at John Born University. We got engaged September 12, 2002 at my house in California.

This was the last year I worked for the Rose Parade and to cap it off I got to ride a float. I know I have pictures of this they just aren't on a computer.

In a castle somewhere in Poland.

Wasting time on a train....we spent a lot of time on trains ;)

I think Craig ate ice cream everyday!

With Students in Poland

Our group in Slovakia


2003
Craig and I get married, I move to the foreign land of Siloam Springs Arkansas!!!!!



Wedding Party

Dancing with my girls!

Love this picture of Mom, Dad and me!

Our first Christmas together as a married couple.

Craig is not happy that I didn't buy a pre-lit tree.


2004
A trip to New York and to Greece for the Olympics.

A trip to New York with my mom-in-law and Leah

David and Vicki took us to Athens for the 2004 Olympics- AMAZING!!!
This was my first Wilson trip. What a great way to get to know them better 2 weeks in Greece!

Waiting for the opening ceremonies to begin.

Opening ceremony

Craig and I at the Olympics

Greece with my new brothers.

Craig's first Gilmore Christmas

Christmas Cruise to Mexico with my parents

2005
We got a dog, I started teaching 3rd grade at Southside, Craig graduated from college, we traveled on weekends (Tulsa & Little Rock mostly) for Craig's band Jackson Waters, and made a trip to Ohio.

Our first baby Bailey! He hated wearing clothes and now he would never allow it!

Family photo- 4th of July parade lake Kiowa

During the first couple years of marriage Jackson Waters was our family in Siloam Springs. Craig was doing shows most weekends. Sometimes I got to go too!
Craig graduate from John Brown University


My cousin Valeria's Wedding in Ohio-
Nikki, Aunt Charlene, Scotty, Grandma, Mom, Andrea, me :)



2006
Business as usual with a trip to Italy, bought a house, got another dog and oh yeah a teenager from Croatia named Anka moved in with us!
Italy over spring break with my mom, Catherine and mom-in-law


Bubble lab with some of my students at Southside Elementary- Siloam Springs

Bailey and Sherlock our newest dog- also Craig's way of postponing a baby :)

Anka with her American family.

Christmas in California with my family!


2007
What a year for the Wilsons- 2 wedding, a trip to Japan for Heather, a trip to D.C. with the Gilmore's and a new baby!
March- Matt and Catherine's wedding

May- Luke & Maci's Wedding

Japan-
I got the opputunity to travel to Japan (for free) with the Fulbright group. I spent 3 weeks learning about their culture and education system. I was 18 weeks pregnant and very tired but the trip was amazing! I learned a lot and met some great people.

The birth of our first baby- Adelynn Mae Wilson- December 1, 2007- 7lbs. 8oz.


2008-
A lot changed this year! We moved to Dallas to be closer to family and so I could stay home with miss Addie Mae. We headed to D-town as soon as my school got out. We lived with David and Vicki for 6 months. Our house sold quickly but we couldn't find a house we liked. I lived at the lake house for 3 long months.
5th Anniversary cruise Key West plus other stops.

My first trip to Disney World for my 30th birthday. I got to go with my wonderful sisters- I waited a long time for them...but it was worth the wait I love them both!

Adelynn's first birthday at lake Kiowa



2009-
Fun year! I got to stay home with Adelynn and play all day while Daddy went to work. Addie was so much fun her 2nd year. She started to talk run, and explore even more then before. Her favorite things are going to the zoo, running, anything Disney (Mickey or Princess), coloring, talking/singing, and giving mommy and daddy big hugs.
We made 2 trips out to California one to see Scot Graduate from college/take cruise to Canada with my parents, the second trip was to see family and Mickey. We also took a cruise on the East coast to see the beautiful leaves! We did a lot of thing other than travel but at 4 in the morning that is all I can think of :)
Easter in the park!

Cruise to Maine with the Wilson


Addie turns 2- Where has the time gone! I swear I was in college just yesterday!


2010
The begining of new thing for the next decade
Due June 5th




No comments: