Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Cookies

Adelynn and I made sugar cookies a couple of days before Christmas.
 A tradition we started last year.


My Aunt Shellie made matching aprons for my mom and me when I was younger. Since my mom doesn't cook these aprons were kept in perfect condition for Addie and I to use. They're still a little too big for Addie but she didn't seem to mind!

Tasting the batter

Adelynn's favorite part is licking the mixer!

Hours later we cut manger shapes out of our dough. This was a great opportunity for us to review the true meaning of Christmas. Addie told me about each piece and what part they played in Jesus' birth.


The next day we decorated the cookies

 Asher thought they tasted great!

I didn't get any pictures of our finished project, but let me tell you Addie decorated all the pieces herself and they were covered with sprinkles! From head to toe and about an inch high!
I promise to get pictures next year!

No comments: