Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cupcake Camp Dallas

 I love baking cupcakes, I love reading blogs about cupcakeries, I love clothes with cupcakes on them, I love eating cupcakes...I love cupcakes!
A couple of weeks ago Dallas had their first cupcake camp. What is a cupcake camp you ask? Well it's where pro bakers and newbies bring their cupcakes to share with the public with a little competition thrown in. Ticket were $10 for the event and then you got 7 tickets to use to get cupcake to taste. 
1 ticket for amatures and 2 tickets for professionals.
It was a lot of fun and I can't wait til next year. I'm thinking I might enter......










Some of the cupcakes up for judging 
 




I took home 7 cupcakes to try....
The amateurs:

Top left-chocolate cake with peanut butter icing AMAZING!
Top right- lemon cake with Italian butter meringue with strawberry glaze- okay
Bottom left- caramel macchiato- do dense
Bottom right- honey lavender cake with honey icing- I did not like this one at all the honey was way to strong for my taste, everyone else seemed to think it was amazing so I guess it was just me.




The pros:
Top left: key lime cake with key lime icing- PERFECT!
Bottom left: vanilla cake with strawberry icing with mini pop-tart- good! the cake was a little more dense than I like, icing was the best part!
Bottom right: green tea cupcake with green tea icing- Addie took a bite and than said "What is that?!?!" and then spit it out. I've been wanting to try a green tea cupcake so I got it. It was okay but I don't think I'll order one again, but if you have a party and have some there I might try it;)

1 comment:

Amy Mann said...

I LOVE cupcakes as well! I love watching Cupcake Wars and there was a little cupcake store on one of the shows recently from my hometown (shreveport/bossier)needless to say I stopped by the store yesterday before heading back to Siloam...and those cupcakes were so yummy! I wish I could make them that good! :)