Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt #1

Our first egg hunt of the season was Saturday with the Lake Highlands early PTA. It "started" at 10, but hunting didn't begin until 10:40 for Addie's age group. We played on the playground for a while then Daddy, Do-Dad, and Addie played chase (or keep Addie away from the egg field).





KiKi and Do-dad came for the fun. They celebrated their 34th anniversary at the park with us :)



All the kids lined up and ready to go!

I was on the other side of the field so I wouldn't be in the crowd- when they yelled GO! Addie ran straight to me. Great plan! No other kids were around her for a long time she didn't have to fight over eggs :)

Addie did a great job picking up eggs and not worrying about what was in them until!!!!! One egg had a picture of Mickey on the outside. It stopped her dead in her tracks. She lost a good 30 seconds just staring at this picture.

Once Adelynn's basket was full we decided she was done. Do-Dad thought we should empty her basket and let her fill it up more but Daddy and Mommy thought she had more then enough plus she has 2 more egg hunts this week!

After she was done collecting eggs we had her sit down and open each egg. She got stamps, stickers, rubber duckies, and candy in her eggs. I think daddy was hoping for more candy and less toys.


Addie had such a great time!
However I know I'm not going to enjoy picking up the eggs all over my house in the up coming days.


No comments: