Friday, July 6, 2012

Main Street Park

I didn't make a bucket list for the summer but if I had finding new parks would be #1 on it. We ventured out of our comfort zone of Lake Highland/Highland Parks and found Main Street Park in Downtown Dallas.
It is a newer park that I found on the Dallas Mom Blog (which has a great list that I can't wait to try)
Before we went I checked out the website for the park and it looked AMAZING!

When we got there the park didn't seem as big as it appeared on the website and not as cool.  







The kids area was so much smaller and didn't really have much for the kids to play with. We didn't turn around and head to another park for 2 reasons:
1) We were meeting friends
2) They had a really cool fountain that the kids were going to get to play in, when it turned on.


The kids found these cup or upside down plunger things. They spin and the kids loved them. When you get off the kids were just little dizzy ;)



On the left of this picture you see a gated area/ dog park.

The toys were very modern but the kids had fun exploring.




Since the fountains weren't on and the playground was a little lacking the kids decided running up and down the hills was as much fun as the play area!


The day was little warm so the kids camped out under the climbing wall for snacks.


Finally!!! The fountain was turned on.



We had a good time playing in the water and we'll return as soon as Rusty Taco's opens!





No comments: