Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank you Aunt Camille and Uncle David!

Aunt Camille and Uncle David sent Addie $15 for Christmas. That may no seem like a lot to you but to a 3 year old it's tons! We talked to her about her gift and asked where she wanted to go shopping without missing a beat she used an outside voice inside the car-
 "DISNEY STORE!" 
So last Saturday we took the family to North Park for Addie's shopping trip.

Addie outside the Disney Store with a cheesy smile :(
Adelynn was in heaven with the idea that she got to pick something out. She looked at everything princess in the store. We were there about 20 minutes. If you haven't been to the new Disney Store in North Park you should check it out its way cool you almost feel like your at a park. The employees were dancing to Hannah Montanna and getting the kids to join in! Addie stopped her shopping to join in on the fun! After much thought she picked up some Princess and the Frog toys which were on sale and were only $8. She took out her wallet to pay and gave the cashier all her money, the cashier was great and helped Addie make change!

She played all Saturday with these new toys

On Monday Craig was home because of MLK day and had he also had a migraine, he needed me to get Addie out of the house so he could have some quite. So I took Addie to her 2nd favorite store Target to spend the rest of her money. Before we left she got some extra money from her piggy bank, she had about $11 to spend.

Whenever we go to Target before we enter I always tell Addie what we are going to buy and she adds "I get to look and touch princesses but not buy." But today I told her she got to buy anything she wanted under $7. As we enter the store she told a couple of people passing by that we got to spend $7. She got a little hand held red basket and was ready to hit the dollar section.




 We look in every aisle of the dollar section and she didn't really want anything. I told her she could buy 7 things in this part of the store but the only thing she really cared about was putting items in the right place, for example she found an Alice in Wonderland book in the Tinkerbell lip gloss section and she had to put Alice where she belonged (so her father). After about 15 minutes of her organizing and shopping in the dollar area she decided to move on!

She stopped to look at sunglasses but decided she already had some so it wasn't worth her time.

We finally arrived in the toy department. She looked at everything! EVERYTHING! 3 or 4 times. She would ask the same question over and over- "what does this do" 

I would show her something in her prince range- baby food $5.99

and she would look at the baby $24.99





We looked at everything princess about a million times. I pulled some things off the shelf and put them on the floor so she could make a better decision. She picked clothes for the Cinderella "fashion doll" (barbie). I thought we were done- I was wrong! She wanted to make sure she made the right decision (she is spending her own money) so we got to look at everything one more time. 

Now we've been at the store about 45 minutes and she has changed her mind about the clothes, so I set the timer and tell her when it goes off we are leaving with or without something. After 3 minutes the timer went off and I swear it was like Super Market Sweep, she walking fast up and down the princess aisle saying over and over "I'm hurring I'm hurring" Finally she picks little Belle figures, kinda of like Polly Pocket but a Disney princess. 

By the time we got home we had been shopping for over an hour! Next time Addie has money to spend I'm sending her shopping with Craig!

Thank you Pilands for the gift it was really fun to watch Addie's eye's light up at the thought of getting to buy something! 

FYI- Adelynn's total at Target $10.81 she now has 19 cents left in her piggy bank!






No comments: