Monday, January 24, 2011

Asher's dedication

 Asher got dedicated Sunday, January 23rd at Park City Baptist Church. We were so blessed to be surrounded by so many of our friends and family that came to celebrate in this special day.


 Pastor Marty our Children's pastor on the right explaining what the purpose of a baby dedication is.

 The church asked us to pick a life verse for Asher. Addie learned the verse and was very excited to share it with the congregation. 
"For this reason since the day we heard about Asher we have not stopped praying and asking God to fill Asher with his knowledge through spiritual wisdom and understanding." Colossians 1:9



After church the celebration continued with a brunch at La Duni.


What is a baby dedication?
We dedicated Asher making a promise to God that we would raise Asher in a Christian home. That we would set an example for him and teach him about God's love. Craig and I didn't decided to have both of our children dedicated because that's what all the "cool" parents at church do but because our relationship with Christ is the most amazing thing in our lives and we want our children to experience His love and hopefully one day have their own relationship with God.

    "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there. 1 Samuel 1:26-28


No comments: