Friday, April 23, 2010

We are not on a diet...but we are eating better

Craig went to the doctor and found out that he needed to watch his cholesterol. Since he isn't even 30 we decided we needed to change the way we eat. We aren't dieting we are just eating less and lowering our sodium intake. We are also trying to add "color" to our diet- which means vegetables.
So if you know Craig and I you know that this could be hard we love our fast food. Craig is also a very picky eater and veggies are only on his plate if it's from a Chinese restaurant.
However Craig has been doing really good. He has had at least one vegetable on his plate for the past 2 weeks and he has been eating the right portion size.

This new way of life has upset my schedule. I'm having to revamp my cooking big time. I've been researching new recipes and have found some good ones. I'm trying to be creative by using leftover items in a new way later in the week.

Tuesday Night- I made a low sodium red sauce. It was very good, it had mushrooms, onion, and red bell peppers in it and Craig still ate it! Unbelievable!!!!!

Friday night- I made pizza dough and used the left over red sauce. I think this was the first time Craig ate veggies on a pizza ;).

Adding new colors to our diet!

The red sauce

Pizza before entering the oven- notice my new pampered chef stoneware!


Yum-O

PS- Before I get emails that there was no mention or pictures of Addie please look at the title of my blog....sometime I've got to talk about something other than my adorable kiddo ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you commit an error. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.